Changing the Aesthetic, Wedding Photography with Marianne Chua
Whether used for stills photography or filmmaking, a camera offers the user a unique opportunity to tell a story. Here at Wex Photo Video, we recognise the value of those stories and believe they all deserve to be heard, as they provide an insight into the spectrum of human experiences lived across a nation of creative people.
Our #ChangeTheImage campaign showcases a selection of talented individuals from a variety of cultural backgrounds, all of whom live and work in the UK. Join us from 24th May for a week of inspiring, entertaining and educational events that reflect the diverse passions, skills and views of our community.
Marianne Chua is a London-based wedding photographer, and official Fujifilm X-photographer using her trusty X-T3 and prime lens combo. Her quirky, bold signature-style has won multiple awards and she was one of Rangefinder Magazine's 2017 Rising Stars of Wedding Photography. She loves to celebrate individuality and human nature in her work, choosing to focus on real emotions and honest moments to challenge what is expected from wedding photography and the pressures on married couples.
This talk is supported by Fujifilm.
This talk will cover:
– Intro to Marianne and examples of her works.
– Settings and setup – what's in her kitbag.
– Her approach to weddings: images and aesthetics across social media and the wedding industry.
– Confidence and body positivity: working with a variety of couples.
– Telling stories through photography; varying wedding cultures and traditions.
– Tips and tricks for anyone undertaking similar projects.
Check out the Bargains on eBay