On This Page
The Olympus AF10 Super (Infinity Junior in the US) was released in 1987, a fully automatic 35mm film camera. It inherited the sliding cover design from the XA. Small and lightweight, with an integrated flash, it's smaller than the XA with flash attached.
Features and Operation
The camera's main features are:
- 35mm F3.5 lens, 3 elements in 3 groups, autofocus with focus lock, min. focus 0,65m
- Electronic shutter, 1/45-1/360s, flash ready and focus o.k. indication in the viewer window
- Size 117x63x46, Weight 210 gr. without battery
- 50-1600 ISO, automatic DX coding, self-timer, automatic film advance and (re-)spooling
This camera is easy to use. Autofocus is responsive and works well. Putting a film is easy as well, open the back, tear the film leader a bit further, drop the film and that's it. The camera spools the film automatically. As with most point and shoot ultra compacts, auto flash is set at start. There is no mid roll respool button.
The AF10 Super a good point and shoot camera. Sharp images, good autofocus, in a tiny little camera. When was released, it was one of the better models.
Where to Find an Olympus AF10 Super
Find a Olympus AF10 Super on Etsy
- Lens: 35mm f/3.5
- Autofocus: 5-zone active IR, 0.7m to infinity with focus lock
- Auto-load, wind and rewind of DX-coded film.
- DX decoding in steps 50-100-400-800-1600. Non-DX film treated as ISO 50.
- Integral flash with "auto," "off" and "fill in" modes. Flash Range: 4.5 m with 100-ASA film and 9 m with 400-ASA film.
- Tripod socket.
- Power Source: 2 AAA alkaline batteries or CRA123A lithium .
- Dimensions: 117x63x46mm
- Weight: 210g
Other features: XA-style lens protection.
Also available with Quartz Date function.
Check out this camera on Instagram #olympusaf10super
Post References and Attribution
This post was created with information kindly contributed by 135Compact
Cameras and more from my Etsy Shop
Check out the Bargains on eBay